- Choose secure facility.
- Identify what needs packed.
- Separate items you will access frequently.
- Ensure you have plenty of supplies such as boxes, paper, tape, etc.
- Gather uniform sized boxes for easier stacking.
- Ask management for help determining correct size.
- Rent smallest amount of space needed.
- Pack it full.
- Consider if you will need to add items later.
- Ensure unit is truck-accessible.
- Organize packing now to save time later.
- Clean and drain appliances before storing.
- Place items you may need first in the front such as vacuum, cleaning supplies and towels.
- Allow for walkway to back of unit.
- Organize rooms in sections and clearly mark all boxes.
- Label all boxes clearly for easy identification. Make sure boxes containing fragile items are marked.
- Place those items that you may need to access often in the front.
- Allow for walkways.
- List contents of boxes on top of heavier boxes.
- Dishes and glasses should be wrapped in paper and packed in sturdy boxes. Stack them on top.
- Pictures and mirrors should be wrapped in cardboard, marked “FRAGILE” and stacked on end.
- Furniture with drawers can be utilized as storage places for pictures, knick- knacks, china, silverware, small items, etc.
- Larger appliances make excellent “packing cases” for blankets, towels, tablecloths, and clothes.
- Secure items in drawers by using wadded up newspaper, towels or bubble wrap to fill empty spaces.
- Shovels, hoes, rakes, and hoses can be stored together in empty trash cans.
- Tables having removable legs should be “broken down” to save space.
- Sofas and love seats can be stored on end to save floor space.
- Cushions should be wrapped in blankets and placed on top.
- To save space, stand mattresses on their side and prop them against the wall. Avoid allowing them to bend out of shape.
- Tape or tie bed rails together. Mark the pieces for easy assembly later.
Managed by Bean Management Services, Inc.
P.O Box 7256 • Sherwood, AR 72124
© copyright 2002 – 2018 Bean Management Services, Inc.